I have been asked to join the bloggers posting at “A Woman’s View.” I’m excited about the opportunity to have conversations on topics that relate to women and RVing. I made a short video to watch and eagerly await your suggestions for topics and comments.
In the video, I mention that Alice and I led a workshop at a recent RV rally on RVing from the woman’s perspective. In our Roundtable Discussion, women made several suggestions for living with a mate 24/7. Here are the first five:
- Tell your partner, “I need alone time.” It is not your responsibility if his feelings are hurt.
- I need a “Kay” day (after Kay Peterson’s “Living in a Sardine Can” talks). Good, nonthreatening signal that you need alone time.
- Pack your partner a lunch. The number of sandwiches indicates how long he should be gone!
- Make sure he knows he needs to find a way to entertain himself at times.
- Find women to talk to at RV rallies or in an RV park. Put up a note at an RV park inviting women to join you in the club house or in front of your rig at a certain time. In one RV group I belong to, we usually have one or more women’s group meetings.
Any other suggestions?
Until the next time, safe travels.