By hitting the road in your RV, you’ve chosen a lifestyle that sets you apart from other travelers. So it only makes sense that you get travel insurance tailored for your rolling adventures. Here’s what you need to know in selecting RV insurance for your travels.
Insurance for Your RV: The Big Picture
Due to convenience, many RVers just add their RV to the same policy that covers their automobile. Sure, your auto insurer may offer RV coverage, but is it the right coverage?
Most insurance companies don’t cover all of the components of an RV under an auto policy. In fact, 2 out of 3 of the largest insurance companies consider items like plumbing, refrigeration and dining equipment to be personal property that should be covered under your homeowner’s policy. Unfortunately, homeowner’s insurance policies limit coverage on property away from the main home. So, what does this mean? If you have an accident in your RV, you could face paying two deductibles, have coverage gaps, and incur possible premium increases on both your auto and homeowner’s policy.
Why be subject to all the hassle and risk by not having the right RV insurance? The Good Sam Insurance Agency represents the nation’s top RV specialty carriers to provide you with coverage options most ordinary auto insurers can’t offer.
The Good Sam Insurance Agency’s licensed specialists will help design the optimum protection plan to fit your needs and budget with options like:*
- Great Rates – customers that switch save an average of $321 each year
- Storage Option – save as much as 53% when you’re not using your RV
- Automatic coverage of personal belongings and attachments
- Full-Timer Liability
- Vacation Liability
- Emergency Expense Allowance
- Coverage options for autos, home, boat, motorcycle and more
If you’re still undecided about how to insure your RV, here are a few more facts to consider:
Heed the State Requirements
If you think that you’re not legally required to get RV insurance, think again. Most states call for drivers of recreational vehicles to have an RV insurance at a minimum; some may even have additional requirements. Your licensed Good Sam agent will be able to ensure that you have the proper coverage required in the state where you live.
Full-Time RV Coverage
If you’re a full-time RVer, your insurance situation becomes more complicated. You’re driving your abode, and any accidents that occur can turn your world upside down. Fortunately, the Good Sam Insurance Agency understands the intricacies that come along with living on the road and are familiar with how to handle the kind of issues that only full-timers experiences.
The sobering reality is that very few RV Insurance companies actually offer full-time RV Insurance. Indeed, many insurance companies deny coverage if they weren’t informed that the RV was intended to be used as a permanent residence.
The Good Sam Insurance Agency’s options for full-time RVers include:
- Personal Liability for Full Timers – This provides you with liability coverage that you normally would have with a homeowners policy. In covers you at the campsite but also at places like the grocery store, your friend’s house or even at the beach.
- Medical Payments to Others – Covers the costs of medical expenses incurred by those who are injured while visiting your RV and/or the property around it.
- Personal Belongings Coverage – As a full-timer, Good Sam knows you’re carrying most of your possessions with you. Good Sam offers up to $3,000 of full replacement cost coverage at no extra cost to you. (Higher limits are available to fit your needs).
- Emergency Expense Allowance – The Good Sam Insurance Agency covers the costs of food and lodging if you’re ever involved in a covered claim more than 100 miles from home.
Making the Transition Doesn’t Have to Be Hard
Switching to the Good Sam Insurance Agency is easy, and you can do it at any time. Once you’ve purchased a specialized recreational vehicle policy from The Good Sam Insurance Agency, simply cancel your other policy. Good Sam can even help you do it right over the phone, and your other insurer will refund any unused premium you’ve paid for your now-canceled policy.
Pay Less During Your Off Months
Why pay full price for RV insurance when your vehicle is in storage during the winter months? You can reduce your premium by as much as 53 percent when you’re not using your RV. The Good Sam Insurance Agency Storage Option allows customers to “turn off” the coverages they don’t need during the months they’re not using your RV. But you’ll still be protected from hazards like theft, fires and storms.
Completeness of Coverage
RVs are large, complex vehicles, and breakage can occur to components large and small. Attachments and accessories like awnings, levelers, tow kits and antennas are covered by Good Sam for the full amount it would cost to replace them — at no extra charge.
You Can Keep Tabs on Your Claims and Make Changes
Insurance doesn’t have to be written in stone. Once you’ve purchased a policy through the Good Sam Insurance Agency, you can create an account online and manage your policy whenever you want wherever you want. It only takes a few minutes to go online and:
- Pay your bill
- Print RV insurance policy documentation
- Get information regarding claims
- Change your RV insurance deductibles and coverage limits
- Remove or add or RVs and drivers
- Update your contact information and billing address
What if My RV Is Totaled?
The Good Sam Insurance Agency’s Optional Full Replacement Cost Coverage has your back. If your RV is totaled or stolen (and not recovered) in its first five model years, it will be replaced with a comparable new RV, even if you’re not the original owner. After the first five model years, you will receive your full original purchase price – not a depreciated amount – toward the purchase of the replacement RV. Replacement Cost Coverage must be purchased during the RV’s model year or within the following four years.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION QUOTE:
GoodSam.com/Insurance • 833-358-4243
*Availability, eligibility, benefits, discounts and coverage may vary by state and carrier. Not available in Washington. The content herein is for descriptive purposes only. The exact protection provided is subject to the terms, conditions and expectations of the policy contract issued. The Good Sam Vehicle Insurance Plan (VIP) is provided by a member company of the National General Insurance Group. Average savings based on new policyholder reported data from January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017