- Take a walk in nature – breathe deep, walk softly, and observe your surroundings.
- Take lots of digital photographs (works best as a freebie if you already own a digital camera) and share with friends and family.
- Visit museums on their free days – most have at least one a month.
- Take a factory tour – sometimes you’ll even enjoy bonus samples.
- Visit wine country and sample some of your favorite – or new – varietals (but assign a designated driver – those “sips” can really add up!).
- Pack a picnic and spend an afternoon at a local park relaxing, eating, talking, reading, exploring, daydreaming…did I mention relaxing?
- Window shop a fancy part of town. End the afternoon with a cup of coffee, tea or other refreshing beverage in said “fancy part of town”.
- Check the local paper for free community events including concerts in the park, lectures, plays, etc.
- Shop a local farmer’s market and chat with the folks selling the fruits and veggies. Pick up something “new to you” and ask them how to prepare it – then go home and try it.
- Visit your local library and check out a few movies, make some popcorn, set up the TV outside the camper and have a date night or family gathering under the stars.
What else free and fun can you think of? Please do share!! Leave a comment below for everyone to enjoy!