Harrisburg East Campground is centrally located between Hershey, Lancaster, Gettysburg, and is little more than 10 minutes from the city center. The Pennsylvania Capitol Building is truly impressive. The rotunda, statues and fountains are magnificent. You may want to consider a 30-minute guided tour of “the handsomest building” President Theodore Roosevelt ever saw. Capitol Tour Guides are available to point out the architectural and artistic highlights, and to make the Capitol’s history come alive for you. Guided tours by trained historians are scheduled daily.
Downtown Harrisburg is brimming with fine dining, galleries, boutiques, a science center, museums, entertainment, and the lovely Susquehanna River walk.
Area Attractions While Visiting Harrisburg East Campground
Harrisburg East Campground is only minutes from most area attractions:
- Dorney Amusement Park is fun for people of all ages, from the adrenaline pumping rides and slides and coasters, to its magnificent “Wildwater Kingdom”.
- Metro Bank Stadium is the home of the Harrisburg Senators, which plays in the Eastern League, is the Double-A affiliate of the Washington Nationals.
- Hollywood Casino and Penn National Race Course offer the best in Gaming, Entertainment, Dining and much more—you can even catch the unusual Ostrich and Camel races early every summer.
- Take a breathtaking 2-hour cruise along the Susquehanna River on the Pride of the Susquehanna while tasting a delicious 3-course dinner. Enjoy the ambiance of the elegant wood, brass and copper-adorned climate-controlled salon. Listen as the performance of a live musician fills the air. This classic dinner cruise is a staple for people who want to enjoy the river sights in a unique and memorable way.
- For the more adventurous, plan on a Kayak or Canoe trip down the beautiful Susquehanna River, one of America’s most scenic waterways.
- Make Harrisburg East Campground your base camp for all of the activities and attractions in South Central Pennsylvania. You will have the time of your life.
If you are just passing through the area, traveling from Maine to Massachusetts, or Florida to Canada, Harrisburg East Campground is perfect. It is located at the crossroads of I-76 (the Pennsylvania Turnpike) I-81, I-83 and US 322.
For more information:
Photos: Harrisburg East Campground