Ever thought About Spending Time on an Island? Try River’s End Campground – A Uniquely American Island Experience on Tybee Island in Georgia.
Tybee Island is a barrier island situated near the mouth of the Savannah River and on the Atlantic Ocean coast. This Island is the easternmost point in the state of Georgia. Historic Savannah is just 15 to 20 minutes away. What could be a better get-a-way? If you’re a beach person, there is a lot to see and do as you stay on Tybee Island at River’s End Campground. The Island is known as Savannah’s Beach. They have three public oceanfront beaches and two Savannah River beaches, so you have a lot of options to choose from.
Tybee Island is a very lively place year-round with musical acts, parades, craft shows, local cuisine and activities to test your fitness skills. Something is always happening there throughout the year. Here are just a few activities you will find.
- Tybee Polar Plunge & Tybee Restaurant Week – January
- Critz Tybee Run Fest – February – Five (5) Unique Races that total a Full Marathon
- Mardi Gras Tybee- scheduled for February – Join in the fun for the Annual Mardi Gras Tybee! Festivities The Masquerade Ball, the Mardi Gras Tybee Parade, & the Mardi Gras Tybee Street Party with free live entertainment & more!
- Tybee Irish Heritage Day – March – A St. Patrick’s Day Celebration
- Tybee Wine Festival – April
- Tybee Island Beach Bum Parade – May
- Independence Day Fireworks – July
- Tybee Island Redfish Tournament – August
- Labor Day Beach Bash & Fireworks – September
- Pirates Festival – October
- Cooler temperatures, fewer crowds, less traffic – November
- New Year Eve Fireworks at Tybee Pier – Largest show in the southeast – December
Go to //tybeeisland.com/calendar-of-events/ or check in with the River’s End Campground Store for more information on the monthly events on and around the Island.
There is a lot to see and do on Tybee Island and staying with River’s End Campground gives you lots of options for your stay. Some choose to bring their RV and park in one of the Parks spacious, full hookup sites. Others choose to enjoy a cozy cabin that sleeps up to six. Want to be a little more adventurous, try tent camping.
No matter which option you choose for your stay, you will have access to all the amenities of the park, including WIFI, not just a pool-the largest pool on the island and a TV lounge. They also have a fitness center, two dog parks, 24 hr. laundry room, a vending room area and propane.
River’s End Campground Guest Service Specialists will assist you with reservations and area information to ensure you have everything you need to have the best vacation possible.
So, stay with River’s End Campground, explore Tybee Island, GA. and find your new “favorite camping location.”
Everyone who stays with River’s End Campground loves staying there. They also love the beauty of the island and the Island Lifestyle. Tybee Island is truly a uniquely American experience. Go see for yourself!