Away from all the hustle and bustle in the City of Atlanta, you will find Atlanta South RV Resort, a great option and a convenient place to stay. The Park is only 30 minutes from Downtown Atlanta and located right off I-75 (exit 222/Jodeco Rd). They are far enough away from the Atlanta traffic yet near enough for all the activities in the Atlanta Area.
Atlanta is one of the most diverse cities in the United States. Here are some of the city’s many highlights:
- Ninth-largest metropolitan area in the nation – 5.8 million people
- 38th most populous city in the U.S. – 486,290
- Started as a transportation hub, terminating stop of the major-state sponsored railroad
- Coca-Cola, AT&T, Home Depot, Delta Airlines, Chic-fil-A and UPS world headquarters all located in the city
- Fort Benning – Home of the United States Army Infantry – 3rd Infantry Division, 101st Airborne, Ranger School
- The tenth largest economy in the U.S. – $385 billion GDP
To start your visit to Atlanta, consider a tour to help you get the lay of the land.
- The Atlanta City Tour by Electric Car is a tour where you will hear about the history of Georgia’s State Capital, as well as top landmarks and attractions. This tour is about 15 miles long and last about two hours.
- The Bus Tour is a longer tour, taking about five hours. You will travel to Krog Street Market, Ponce City Market, Centennial Olympic Park, Atlantic Station, and see so much along the way. On this tour, you will also be able to view stately mansions as you travel through the famous Buckhead neighborhood.
If you don’t want to be confined to a specific timeline, consider, an Atlanta CityPASS. The CityPASS is valid for nine consecutive days and provides one admission to each of several attractions in the area. This pass does not include transportation, food or drinks, but you will be able to experience, the Georgia Aquarium, the World of Coca-Cola and the CNN Studio Tours. Then you can choose between Zoo Atlanta or the National Center for Civil and Human Rights, and the Fernbank Museum of Natural History or the College Football Hall of Fame.
Georgia Sports – Braves (MLB), Falcons (NFL), Hawks (NBA) and United FC (MLS)
Established in 1876
Play at Suntrust Park after moving from Turner Field in 2017
14 straight divisional championships from 1991 – 2005
World Series 1995
Notable Players: Hank Aaron, Greg Maddux, Chipper Jones, David Justice, Jason Heyward, Deion Sanders, Babe Ruth
Established in 1946
Play at State Farm Arena
Qualified to play in NBA playoffs 10 consecutive seasons
NBA Champions 1958
Notable Players: Jason Terry, Doc Rivers, Jamal Crawford, Dwight Howard, Dominique Wilkins, Dikembe Mutombo, Moses Malone
Established in 1966
Play at Mercedes-Benz Stadium
Six-time divisional champions
2 time NFC champions
Never won SuperBowl – appeared in 2
Notable Players: Deion Sanders, Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan, Michael Vick, Roddy White, Devonte Freeman
Atlanta United FC
Established in 2017
Play at Mercedes-Benz Stadium
2 consecutive playoff appearances
MLS Cup Champions 2018
Notable Players: Miguel Almiron, Carlos Carmona, Greg Garza, Brad Guzan, Romario Williams
If you prefer more excitement. How about a trip to Six Flags over Georgia? This 290-acre theme park is located west of Atlanta. The season is usually March through January, with some months only opening on the weekends. The park has:
*16 Thrill Rides – Including Twisted Cyclone – A Wood and Steel Hybrid Roller Coaster
*17 Family Rides – Including a trip on a cable car that flies 100 feet in the air
*8 Kids Rides –Including an old-time Railroad Steam Engine which tours the Park
*4 Water Park Rides – Including an interactive children’s water playground
*6 Great Shows – Including Looney Tunes Dance Party, where you can dance with your favorite Looney Tunes Character.
When you stay with Atlanta South RV Resort you will find 140 full hook-up sites, 80 of which are pull-thru’s. The park has laundry facilities, restrooms, a dump station, pool (in season), recreation room, playground, propane gas, fax service, and a free courtesy phone at the office for local calls.