Pork Loin with Apple Sauce and Sweet Potatoes—a quick and easy meal using the Fagor Pressure Cooker:
8 Apples, cored and halved (do not peel)
½ cup Light Brown Sugar
½ teaspoon Cinnamon
½ cup Water
- Place all the ingredients into the inner pot.
- Set to Pressure Cook on Low Setting for 4 minutes and press start (Note: Pressure builds over 35 minutes before timer starts counting down.)
- While applesauce cooks, complete step 1. of Pork Loin Recipe below.
- When the cycle completes, release pressure, remove the lid, place cooked apples into bowl and retain the liquid in a 2-cup measuring cup. Mash the apples and set aside.
- Clean inner pot and start step 2. of Pork Loin recipe.
1 Tablespoon Sea Salt
1 Tablespoon Freshly ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon Minced dried onion
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Center-Cut Two Pound Pork Loin Roast
2 Cups Liquid (using retained juice from cooked apples in apple sauce recipe above plus enough orange juice to equal 2 cups)
- Combine salt, pepper and minced dry onions in a small bowl. Using fingers, spread and press spice mixture onto pork loin on all sides.
- Place the inner pot into the pressure cooker. Pour the olive oil into the inner pot. Press “Brown” setting and allow to heat for one minute; then add pork loin and sear the meat on all sides to a deep brown. Press the cancel button to stop browning cycle.
- Add the 2 cups of apple juice/orange juice liquid.
- Place the lid on the Pressure Cooker, lock the lid and set the pressure release valve to “pressure”.
- Set to Pressure Cook on High for 20 minutes.
- While meat cooks, peel sweet potatoes and slice into 1-inch slices.
- Once the proper pressure is reached, the timer will count down to zero and indicate cooking is complete for the meat. Switch the pressure release valve to steam setting to release pressure. When the pressure is completely released, remove the lid. Temperature test meat to verify an internal temperature of 170 degrees has been reached in the center of the roast. The pressure cooker will automatically switch to the KEEP WARM setting. Press the CANCEL Button.
- Remove meat to serving platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
4 Sweet Potatoes
1½ cups Water
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
2 Tablespoons Butter
1½ teaspoon Sea Salt
¾ teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- Place the inner pot inside the pressure cooker. Add the water.
- Place a steamer basket into pot, then add the sweet potatoes (water should be below the potatoes)
- Place the lid on the Pressure Cooker, lock the lid and set the pressure release valve to steam.
- Select the Steam Function and set for 13 minutes.
- Once the timer reaches zero, press the CANCEL Button. Remove the lid after steam stops emitting from the release valve.
- Remove the cooked sweet potatoes from the steamer basket. Place them in a bowl; add the remaining ingredients and mash together until desired consistency.
Add a side salad you can make during one of the cooking cycles, and your meal is complete and ready to serve with one-pot easy cleanup in half the time!