It’s time to experience the summer heat, the wild outdoors, the cozy campfire nights, and more. Summer is finally here! Camping is one of the activities outdoorsy people look forward to the most in the summer. A few days with nature can surely make one’s life a whole lot better. Mentally and physically. But summer camping isn’t always the breeziest task to do. Here we have eight summer camping lifehacks to make your camping trip a walk in the park.
If you have these products lying around your home, then it may be time to upcycle them. Upcycling is the process of transforming by-products, waste materials, useless, or unwanted products into new materials or products of better quality and environmental value.
- Foam Floor tiles for Tents. When camping with kids and your tent is on uneven, rocky surfaces, these foam tiles will make your kids’ lives way more comfortable.
- Carry the bare essentials. These Altoid mini containers may be thrown away easily, but you can use this mini tin and carry it at all times. Your mind will be more at ease with this boy in your pockets.
- Tic-tac boxes as Spice Storage! This might seem weird at first, but this could be one of the best upcycles around. Use these empty tic-tac boxes for keeping spices and other condiments to be used for cooking at the campsite. They can also be used to store and carry other small items too. Such versatile use of seemingly thrown away trash.
Another summer camping hack is, of course, the need for light. DIYs have been very popular ever since. DIY activities during camping are a great way to spend fun times with the family.
- DIY Lantern Jug. On a tight budget for a new lantern? Opt for using a water jug and headlamp. It’s cheap, easy to make, and actually works!
- Eggs on-the-go. Instead of trying to wrap your breakfast eggs in the safest way possible to prevent them from breaking, try putting them in a water bottle! A bottle can hold eight eggs. That’s right. Eight. This will save you time and hassle. And hey, you won’t need extra bowls or a whisk!
- Hanging organizer. Instead of putting everything on a table while at camp, use this hanging organizer to your best advantage! Not only will it clear all the stuff, but it’ll also save you so much space in packing!
- Sage as a mosquito repellent. Simply place some sage in your campfire and the smell will surely scare away some mosquitoes. No need to carry a whole aluminum bottle of it when you can use natural options.
- Duct tape bottle. You don’t need to bring several rolls of tape in your backpack. Just roll some on your water bottle and carry it when possible because you never know when you might need it.