Snowbird resorts cater to RVers who enjoy social activities. From pickleball tournaments to RV park dances, many snowbird parks pull out the stops when it comes to giving their guests a chance to make new friends.
Here are a few tips designed to help you fit in with the snowbird flock.
• Games: If you enjoy a good round of cards—whether it’s bridge or canasta—you’ll find RV parks with game rooms dedicated to folks who enjoy cards and other tabletop activities. Pull up a chair and start dealing and socializing. The same goes for sports like tennis and pickleball—sign up for a touranment and make friends.
• Nightlife: Dancing, music and entertainment can be found at many snowbird resorts. Some parks even offer “proms” for guests. Get dressed up and enjoy an evening of music and socializing.
• Leadership: A busy schedule of activities requires organizers—and that’s where you come in. Find out of your snowbird park has guests committees involved in planning parties and entertainment. This is a great way to make friends—and provide valuable input into the park’s social calendar.
• Classes. From crafts to yoga, many snowbird parks conduct classes designed for self-enrichment. Enroll in a class of like-minded park guests and make new buddies in the process.
• Tours: Some parks offer tours to the surrounding area. Sign up and join fellow RVers for fun side trips. This is a great way to meet new traveling companions.