Check out these highlights of RV-related news, events and video from this past week.
1. Trackside view of the Edmonton Indy from your RV: Canadian fans of auto racing can now enjoy the action from the comfort of their RVs. Special ticket packages allow fans to park their RVs at stalls along Turns 4,5, and 6.
2. Winnebago Unveils 2010 RV Lineup: Attendees at the 40th Annual WIT Club Grand National Rally were among the first to tour the new 2010 Winnebago RV models, which were on display at the rally. You can take a virtual tour of the 2010 models by visiting the Winnebago Industries Inc. website.
3. Campsite Safety-Electricity: Fred Brandeberry shares some common electrical system concerns to check before hooking up your RV to campground electrical circuits. Protect yourself and your electrical appliances–read the list for a reminder of electrical safety steps.
4. Take a Peek at a Boy Scout National RV Tour Rig: Coachmen Industries donated a 32-ft. Class C rig to the Boy Scouts of America for its tour of all 308 Boy Scout Councils in the lower 48, in advance of scouting’s 100th anniversary in 2010. Learn more about the national tour and see a list of upcoming stops at the Century of Values website.
5. Get Lost Off the Beaten Path: Bob Difley reminds us to take advantage of our RV’s self-contained features to enjoy the wild outdoors away from the comforts of a campground. The warm summer months are a great time to give boondocking or dry camping a try!