Feeling at home in the Sun Belt.
When you’ve chosen to stay for months in your snowbird roost, you should feel like this is a place where you can put down roots (at least, temporarily).
And if you’re like the one million RV travelers who head south every winter for warm weather, you’re probably eager to get to know your new roost. Here are some tips for feeling at home in your snowbird haven.
Snowbird Tips for Feeling at Home
• If you’re staying for the season, find out how to take advantage of the all the local attractions, sites and amenities. Ask RV park staff and fellow campers for tips on restaurants and events.
• Does your snowbird park offer tours of the surrounding area? Tours are great ways to get acquainted with your winter community.
• Local events, from parades to plays and festivals, help you get a sense of the community you’ve visiting. Check local tourism sites for information.
• Join your campground neighbors for outings to nearby locations. This is a great way to foster friendships and learn about the surrounding community.
• Local museums and history walks will help shed light on the area’s past.
Put out the Welcome mat, put up your feet, and feel at ease in your new snowbird home.