Perry, Georgia is a historic community encompassing 16.4 square miles along Interstate 75, approximately 90 miles south of Atlanta. In Perry, you’ll find a slower pace, a relaxing retreat, and no traffic jams.
The community offers golf, fishing, community theatre, museums, historic tours, dog parks, walking trails and annual festivals. It is home to the Georgia National Fairgrounds & Agricenter, which hosts nearly one million visitors a year through its vast array of weekly events.
Things to Do All Year Long
There is always something to do in the area, with events throughout the year.
- In February you have The Georgia National Rodeo.
- In March, just 30 minutes away, is The Cherry Blossom Festival which is held in Macon.
- In April, you have the two-day Dogwood Festival.
- In June it’s the Georgia Peach Festival.
- May through September, on the 2nd Friday of every month, it’s Food Truck Friday in Perry where more than a dozen local and ATL Food Trucks dish out their ‘specialties’.
- September is the Perry Music Festival.
- October has the 11-day Georgia National Fair.
- November offers Taste of Southern, where you will find fantastic food from regional restaurants and caterers.
- In December you can ring in the New Year at mid-Georgia’s premier New Year’s Eve event – The Perry Buzzard Drop.
Perry has a renovated downtown area, a charming little village with specialty shops and a down-home, restful atmosphere. The city, with over 40 restaurants, has everything from The Swanson, a quaint restaurant inside a historic home in downtown Perry, specializing in classic Southern homestyle cuisine, to A Couple of Jerks Soda Fountain Shop!, a nostalgic soda shop with food served in 1950’s glassware. Lane Southern Orchard, growers of peaches and pecans, has a variety of items to please anyone’s taste. Now that you have your sights on some of the great activities in Perry, Georgia, the next thing to do is to select the best place to park your RV. And we know just the place for you, Fair Harbor RV Park.
Fair Harbor RV Park has over 100-acres designed for your family’s camping enjoyment. Experience that “State Park” camping feeling with all the amenities of home. They are Georgia’s favorite family campground, quietly nestled around a stocked fishing pond (no license required) with bass, bream and catfish ready for your hook. Plus, you are only minutes away (1-1/2 mi) from abundant restaurants and great shopping. Fair Harbor RV Park offers long, large, full hook-up, pull-thru sites. You will also find a commercial grade 24-hour laundry and a complimentary, seasonal, Saturday breakfast to start your weekend. BINGO is offered Tuesday nights, October – May. They have a large clubhouse & pavilion, making them a favorite destination for groups and special events. They also have horse stables with plenty of parking space for large horse trailers, plus, the best RV storage facilities anywhere! They offer inside, outside, sheltered and self-storage units.
Come to Perry, Georgia to experience this great little community and book your stay at Fair Harbor RV Park!
Fair Harbor RV Park
515 Marshallville Rd.
Perry, Ga. 31069