The Lug_Nut Trivia Challenge No 11 deals with a mixed bag of RV related topics. Keep in mind, this is not an I.Q. test, it is a trivia requiring some guess work. So, get a pencil and paper to record your answers. When you have completed the 10 questions and scored your answers, please post your results in the comment section found at the very bottom. Good luck.
1) How many lug nuts hold the wheels on, on a 45’ class “A” diesel pusher?
2) Wall, the home of Wall Drug Store. is visited by thousands of RVers every year. This family attraction, which is impossible to miss, is a must if you are passing by and is well worth the stop. In what state is this famous town?
A) South Dakota
B) North Dakota
3) NASA’s Johnson Space Center tour is a “must see attraction” for the whole family. Where would you head to, to catch this event?
A) Kennedy Space Center, Florida
B) Houston, Texas
C) Edwards Air Force Base
D) Orlando, Florida
E) Anaheim, California
4) Which of the following brand names is not an RV awning manufacturer?
A) Zip Dee
5) The photo to the left shows the famous Mount Rushmore. Name the faces from left to right.
A) George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln
B) Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, George Washington
C) George Washington, Theodore Roosevelt, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln
6) In order of braking power from least to most, which answer is correct?
A) PB- Pac Brake (Exhaust brake), JB- full Jake compression, TR- transmission retarder
B) TR, PB, JB
C) JB, PB, TR
D) PB, TR, JB
7) The photo to the left is of a city that offers many great attractions. What city is it?
B) San Francisco
D) New York
8) What is the largest RV campground chain in North America?
A) Signature Resorts
B) Kampgrounds of America
C) Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Campgrounds
D) Outdoor Resorts of America
E) Camp America
9) Whether you are towing or driving your RV, wind speed can be an issue. High gusting winds can lead to handling difficulties. Though you can only drive your toad up this mountain, winds can even be a challenge with it. It boasts the highest wind speed ever recorded in the world, 231 MPH. What state and place would you find this at?
A) Mount Hood, Oregon
B) Mount Baker, Washington
C) Crater Peak, Colorado
D) Pikes Peak, Colorado
E) Mount Washington, New Hampshire
10) Which make and model class “A” coach is available with 5 slides?
A) Newmar Mountain Aire
B) Monaco Dynasty
C) Tiffin Phaeton
D) Tiffin Allegro Bay
E) Winnebago Itasca
Alright! Now check your answers with those below. Please make sure you post your score and comments in the “Comment” section found at the very bottom.
Hoping You Scored Well – Lug_Nut – Peter Mercer
1) – (C) All 45’ DP coaches are tag axle type with each wheel requiring 10 lug nuts for a total of 60 for all three axles.
2) – (A) Wall is on I90 in South Dakota.
3) – (B) NASA’s Johnson Space Center is located in Houston, Texas.
4) – (B) Suburban is not an awning manufacturer. (And yes, Dometic does make them)
5) – (A) From left to right – George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln
6) – (A) The Pac Brake is less efficient than a full Jake brake which is not as affective as a transmission retarder. Pac brakes are generally on or off allowing only one speed. Full Jakes can have as many as three speeds, while retarders can provide as many as six speeds.
7) – (E) The photo is that of Chicago.
8) – (B) Kampgrounds of America is the largest chain of campgrounds followed by Yogi Bear’s Jellystone
9) – (E) Mount Washington, New Hampshire experiences high winds frequently and is the sight of the highest ever recorded wind speed in the world, 231 MPH in April of 1934.
10) – (B) The Monaco Dynasty is now available with a telescopic slide making it a 5 slide coach.