Plastic plug-in solution: Tired of losing those white plastic safety plugs from your LP-gas cylinders? Here is an inexpensive and secure fix. The following materials are required for each cylinder, and are readily available at the fishing-tackle counter of major discount stores:
• Two fishing-tackle swivels (use either a 1/0 barrel swivel, which is stainless, or a No. 4 snap swivel, which is black).
• One split ring (a No. 6 split ring is stainless).
•One nylon wire tie (at least 1⁄4-inch wide by 6 inches or longer).
Here’s how you make it:
• Drill a small hole in the end of the nylon tie and in the middle of the handle of the safety plug closest to the outside edge.
• Thread both swivels onto the split ring. Put the large open end of one swivel onto the safety plug and close it.
• Thread the wire tie through the handle of the LP-gas cylinder, then through its locking end and pull snug. • Then put the remaining swivel through the end of the tie and close it.
Curt Koster, Hatfield, Pennsylvania