Heading to the South Central Mountains of Pennsylvania for a summer vacation—or even just a weekend?
Then you need to plan your family trip to Mountain Creek Campground in Carlisle! Only minutes to nearby historic Gettysburg and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s capitol city, located on the banks of the scenic Susquehanna River. Surrounded by Civil War history and the Amish countryside, you can make some beautiful memories here at this Good Sam Park.
Family Attractions and Activities
In addition to the many weekly activities that are scheduled for your fun (from March 31st-November 3rd) that you can see on the calendar at MountainCreekCamping.com, check out all of the family oriented attractions in the area less than 60 miles from the park:
- The Battle of Gettysburg was a turning point in the Civil War. The Union victory that ended General Robert E. Lee’s second and the setting for President Abraham Lincoln’s “Gettysburg Address”. And if you are coming to experience the very popular battlefield reenactments of July 1-3, make your camping reservations early.
- If you are a Presidential historical “junkie,” President Eisenhower’s Farm in Gettysburg was the retirement home of Dwight D. Eisenhower, 34th President of the United States. Eisenhower purchased the 189-acre farm in 1950 and retired to the farm in 1961 after having served two terms in office. He lived there until his death in 1969.
- The nearby town of Hershey has it all and so much more! Whether you’re looking for the thrill of the coasters at Hersheypark, watching a sporting event with the Reigning champions of the American Hockey League, the Hershey Bears, or maybe you want to experience ZooAmerica, an 11-acre walk through zoo!
- Many antique car aficionados visit the park every weekend, so that they don’t miss out on any of the very different auto shows at the Carlisle Fairgrounds from April through October (see www.carlisleevents.com for the full schedule).
- The US Army Heritage and Education Center in Carlisle, and the US Army War College, are dedicated to educating the public about the culture of the US Army and the symbol of its strength, the American Soldier! The Army Heritage Trail serves as the USAHEC’s outdoor museum. It encompasses the grounds of the USAHEC. Covering about one mile and highlights nearly every era of Army history with different exhibits and large artifacts.
Mountain Creek Campground
Whether you are looking to spend some quality time with your family or enjoy a weekend away with friends, you are going to find the perfect camping vacation at Mountain Creek Campground! Beautiful campsites, entertaining activities, and an energetic quality staff will ensure that your Pennsylvania camping vacation is all you need to relax and unwind!
Spend a weekend, a week, or a season and you have a very unique and fun camping experience!
For more information: