Spring Break is approaching, so it’s time to pack up and hit the road. For some, road trips bring up thoughts of discovering new places and taking the road less traveled, but for many it can be a tiresome, time-consuming endeavor.
We at Houma Travel have a few tips to get you ready for your Spring Break road trip.
- Get the kids involved in planning: Present a few ideas to your kids and get their feedback. If they feel that they were a part of the planning process, you will have much more engaged kids. Start with the Family Fun section of HoumaTravel.com for some great ideas.
- Pack in stages: Packing the car can be a stressful time. Am I forgetting something? Will everything fit in the trunk? We suggest having a packing list and put all nonessential items in your vehicle a day before leaving. This will eliminate packing time on the day you leave and get you on the road quicker.
- Have a Road Trip Kit: Snacks, games and electronics chargers… these are all road trip necessities. Try to anticipate the needs of your kids and have the answers to these needs on hand in the car. Nothing is worse than a modern kid’s favorite electronic device having a dead battery. Be sure you have the chargers.
- Plan to try something new: Try crawfish for the first time. Go geocaching.Hold an alligator! This shared experience is the kind of stuff memories are made of.
- Sign up for online photo storage: You are going to want to take tons of photos on your trip, but phones only have so much storage space. We recommend signing up for a cloud-based storage solution before your trip to ensure you have plenty of room for new memories.
- Slow down and take your time: Although it is great to have a plan, be sure you’re taking time to truly enjoy the moment. Stand under the cypress trees of Bayou Country and breath it in with your family.
Need some ideas of what to do on your next road trip? Be sure to visit us at HoumaTravel.com for all things Bayou Country.