Bear Run Campground is convenient to Pittsburgh, either by I-79 or public transportation and even closer to nature at adjacent Lake Moraine. Grove City premium outlets are just up I-79. Or, just enjoy the many fun-filled family camping activities at the park.
Bear Run Campground is a full-service family vacation destination operated by the Wehr Family since 1975. This top-rated Good Sam Park offers a wide range of accommodations. Select from RV and pull-thru sites, rustic to deluxe cabins, or tent and backpacking and walk-in sites. Of course, Bear Run Campground has all the amenities to make your stay convenient and easy going. In addition, Bear Run Campground offers an array of activities for adults and children to enjoy.
Things to Do
Bear Run Campground borders Moraine State Park with access to McConnell’s Mill State Park, National Scenic North Country Trail and Jennings Education Center. Kayak and canoe rentals are available at the campground. Bear Run Campground offers complete packages for your getaway enjoyment. Decide from shopping at the nearby Grove City premium outlets, Living Treasures Wild Animal Park or kayaking/canoeing. These packaged getaways make for quick and easy trips.
Since the park is open from April through October, you can camp here and catch any one of the great Pittsburgh professional sports teams: the Pittsburgh Pirates (MLB), Penguins (NHL), Steelers (NFL), and upcoming Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC (Coming to MLS in 2023).
When visiting the area, these are the “Don’t Miss” attractions that you can experience in the area:
- The Duquesne Incline: Take a step back in time on a century-old cable car and see the best views of downtown Pittsburgh while riding one of the few remaining inclines in the country.
- The Andy Warhol Museum: The Andy Warhol Museum tells Andy Warhol’s story and explores his legacy through the largest collection of Warhol art and archives in the world.
- The Heinz History Center: Discover 250 years of Pittsburgh history at the Heinz History Center, Pennsylvania’s largest history museum & an affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution.
If you are any kind of auto enthusiast, make sure that you make reservations at Bear Run Campground at one of these events:
- Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix: 10+ days of automotive enthusiasm and racing that features the best of vintage cars and best of Pittsburgh, usually scheduled for mid-June every year.
- The Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival: A premier annual event that attracts Jeep enthusiasts from all over the Mid-Atlantic region with support from the Butler County Historical Society, Butler Downtown, other local organizations, and a group of committed volunteers and Jeep enthusiasts. The group’s goal is to create a signature annual event celebrating Butler, Pa.’s role as the birthplace of the jeep. Normally the second weekend in June.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Visit our Website
Call us at (724) 368-3564
Email us at [email protected]